Thursday, August 26, 2010

A New Craving

I never really had many strong cravings (aside from that red meat cravings early on!) but I've been drinking juice like it's going out of style. I realize that juice isn't really good for me and that it really packs on the pounds, but it just tastes SO GOOD! I've tried a number of different juices and try to choose something that is full of good vitamins and doesn't have nasty high fructose corn syrup or sugar substitutes.

Morning Blend by Knudsen was my favorite for a while and then I moved to Mega Green also by Knudsen. They are both tasty and good for me (as far as juice goes) but they are a bit pricey.




While my goddaughter was visiting, we kept some apple juice in the fridge for her. One sip and I was hooked! While grocery shopping the other day, I found that Mott's makes a line of apple juice for toddlers that has 40% less sugar without any funky fake sugars added in.


I feel a bit silly drinking it, but I don't feel quite as badly as if I were drinking the full calorie stuff. I realized that the reason it is so low in sugar is that it is totally watered down! My new plan is to buy some frozen juice concentrate and then water it down myself. Not only will this cut down on the price, but it will also cut down on the waste from the bottles. I'm sure I'll be able to find a nice, healthy brand at Whole Foods.

This is all a very thrilling development in my pregnancy, so I'll be sure to keep you posted. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment