Sunday, August 1, 2010

Nursery Progress


After much hemming and hawing, we finally decided on a crib! Because a lot of our furniture tends to be a bit more modern, we thought that a slightly more streamlined and modern crib would work best in our house. I love the dark wood (made from wood in sustainable forests, thank you very much!) and I'm sure that drawer will come in handy. It is also nice that the finish on the wood is non-toxic. We also decided to splurge a bit on an organic mattress. The baby will be spending a lot of time cuddled up next to the mattress, so we thought it was a good place to splurge!

To make up for the pricey crib and mattress purchase, we scrimped a bit on a dresser/changing table for the baby. After scouring Craigslist for months, I finally found the perfect piece! It needs to be repainted, and I'll probably change the hardware as well, but it is nice and sturdy and has great bones. It is also the perfect height to function as a changing table as well!






I'm headed to the hardware store today for sandpaper and paint. I can't wait to get started on it! I'm thinking a grayish blue or grayish green would be nice. I found some inspiration on the Pottery Barn Teen website:




Either one of these colors could work for a boy or girl's room and I think they'll work well into their childhood. I'll post pictures as soon as there is more progress!

2 comments:

  1. both of those colors look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dresser. You might to rent an electric sander from Home Depot, it will make the job go quicker :)

    ReplyDelete